Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 169 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.9% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
WISH-TV is looking for a Chief Meteorologist with experience, charisma and a knack for telling a great weather story.
You’ll lead a team of 5 talented and experienced meteorologists. WISH-TV produces more local news than any other station in Indiana and our commitment to weather is unparalleled.
You’ll have great tools to work with, a brand-new set to work on, a fantastic culture to be a part of and one of American’s most livable cities to live in!
Indy has it all from Blizzards to Tornados and everything in between. Our digital/social following is huge, and you will be a big part of that.
So if you are the kind of meteorologist who comes to work before the storm, stays until it’s over and presents a clear and concise digital and broadcast message this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
• Produce and report weather and/or science related stories across all media platforms.
• Present live weather reports from the station as well as in the field.
• Write weather stories and update forecast information on station website.
• Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting the daily weather story.
• Create maps and graphics to illustrate weather conditions.
• Understand importance of social media.
• Proficiency with WSI weather systems.
• Detail oriented.