The Master Control Operator is responsible for the overall on-air look of the television station through airing programming and scheduled station breaks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Updates and maintains signal control systems.
• Maintains programming logs as required by station management.
• Segments content and clips to the server and then trims and modifies it.
• Prints traffic logs and appends logs to the data management system.
• Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
• Selects sources from which programming will be received, or through which programming will be transmitted.
• Reports equipment problems and ensures that repairs are made, and makes emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
• Ensures the station’s compliance with Emergency Alert System requirements.
•Performs other duties as assigned.