Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 169 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.9% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
The Kansas State Network is looking for a state capital bureau MMJ to produce high-end political content for our six network affiliates that blanket a 95 county coverage area in the state. Based at the Kansas Capitol, the multimedia journalist will identify investigative and in-depth content for KSNW in Wichita, KS and its affiliated stations; KSNT, KTKA and KTMJ in Topeka, KS; and KSNF in Joplin, MO/Pittsburg, KS.
Successful candidate will shoot, write and edit custom daily broadcast content for each market, be available for daily live shots in all three markets, and update content on various web and digital platforms. This position will support the bureau chief to produce a weekly half-hour political show that will be broadcast statewide.
We are looking for a politically-minded individual who is committed to local news. This is a year-round position dedicated to finding stories that impact the lives of people across the state. You must have the ability to uncover stories, and develop professional contacts with experts, government officials and other important figures to best obtain news information.
This position requires significant industry experience and a bachelor’s degree in journalism or mass communications.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online by visiting www.nexstar.tv/careers. Please No phone calls. Pre-Employment Background Screenings required. EOE-M/F/D/V encouraged to apply
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Build network of informational sources that will enable the company to stay ahead of its competitors.
* Develop ideas for news, feature and enterprise pieces, as well as investigative stories.
* Collect and analyze facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation.
* Gather accurate and interesting information for newscast presentations.
* Shoots and edits daily news video stories.
* Present clear, creative and accurate live shots.
* Produce accurate, complete and compelling news copy on deadline.
* Play an active and visible role in the community
* Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills.
* Team player that maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel.
* Proficient at shooting, screening, logging and editing video, and providing written editing instructions to tape editors, when applicable
* Proficient in social networking sites.
* Adept at ad-lib presentations, without aid of scripts and/or teleprompters.
* Possess exceptional research skills.
Training/Equipment: Operate newsroom computer systems, editing and camera equipment.
Provide resume and digital reel when applying.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel could be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position could require work in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********