Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 169 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.9% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Tyler Texas Master Control Hub has an opening for a full time Master Control Operator. Position requires evening/overnight and weekend hours. The ideal candidate will have one year experience in the broadcast industry. Training maybe considered for a candidate with less experience who possesses strong computer and technology skills.
We are Master Control Hub working with 3 different markets at this time. We currently manage KETK, KFXK, KTPN, GRIT, LAFF and ESCAPE in Tyler, TX / KAMR, KCIT and KCPN in Amarillo, TX / KSHV in Shreveport, LA.
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
1. Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
2. Records/downloads and segments video content to the servers.
3. Maintains programming logs as required by station management.
4. Operates Master Control software and equipment as directed.
5. Ensures the station's compliance with Emergency Alert System and other FCC requirements.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
1. High School diploma. Associates Degree preferred.
2. Fluency in English.
3. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
4. Proficiency with computers, servers, transmitters and other broadcast-related equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Master Control Operator must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Master Control Operator must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds. In addition, the Master Control Operator must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled