Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 169 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.9% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
24 Hour News 8 has an immediate opening for a Photojournalist / Multi-Media Journalist. The primary responsibility is to shoot and edit video for TV and digital platforms. A working knowledge of ENG / satellite technology is required. The position will provide opportunities to do some on-air work for the right candidate. Photojournalists / MMJs are responsible to shoot video, edit, conduct interviews, produce content for multiple platforms, and work well as a member of a team.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Shoots and edits news video stories, including daily news, special news, features, sports and live events.
* Takes direction from, and interact with, the assignment desk, producers, reporters, anchors and production control room personnel. * Maintains and operates camera equipment as well as company vehicle safely and efficiently.
* Maintains positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
* Responds positively to feedback.
* Ability to edit raw video to newscast form in a manner to complete the story for the viewer.
* Proficient in social networking sites. Ex: Twitter, Facebook.
* Must be detail-oriented.
* Must present professional image as a representation of the station at all times.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in broadcasting, journalism, or related field preferred. Minimum of 2 years video photography in a medium or major market TV News station preferred.
Training/Equipment: Operate live trucks and camera equipment.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Must be able to operate computer and editing machine. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********