Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 169 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.9% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
The Associate Producer works closely with newscast producers and digital content producers. The ideal candidate will have a desire to grow within the newsroom learning skills to ultimately move into a newscast producer position. The associate producer will have an opportunity to work in a fast-paced newsroom, with no shortage of big stories while delivering and contributing accurate, visual, in-depth, and fast-paced news content across all media platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for contributing story ideas; writing stories; organizing them within an energetic and memorable newscast or digital content for the web.
* Assists in writing and production of broadcast or on-line publication. Contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations. *Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices.
* Write, produce and edit material that appeals to target audiences.
* Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources.
* Must understand brand building directives. Must be able to interact well with videojournalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production, digital and engineering staff.
* Detail oriented.
* Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills.
* Ability to develop strong news judgment, most possess journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
* Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
* Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Communications, TV/film or equivalent experience may substitute.