Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 169 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.9% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
WTWO-TV in Terre Haute, IN is looking for an experienced and creative News Director to lead our talented team. Primary duties include managing the day to day operation, training, leading and inspiring the next generation of journalists.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages all aspects of the news operation.
• Work daily with our sister stations to ensure outstanding regional coverage.
• Develop news strategy for the department both for TV and Digital.
• Critique newscasts and provide feedback for improvement.
• Align our team with corporate initiatives.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum five years’ experience in news programming production, with at least two years’ experience in a leadership role. (More or less depending on market size.)
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Experience preparing and maintaining departmental budgets.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand employee needs and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Director must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.