Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
How would you like the opportunity to be part of the fastest growing news operation in Connecticut?
Well, if you’re an experienced newscast producer we have an exciting opening just for you.
But you’ll have to show us your dynamic showcasing skills and the ability to think outside the box.
WTNH News 8 has an immediate opening for an experienced News Producer.
Details: The producer delivers and contributes accurate, visual, news content across all media platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web.
* Oversees writing, production, and timing of broadcast and digital publication.
* Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business objectives.
* Contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
* Monitor post-production processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
* Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices.
* Write, produce and edit material that appeals to target audiences.
* Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources.
* Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
* Detail oriented; proficient in non-linear editing.
* Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills.
* Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
* Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
* Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, TV/film or equivalent experience may substitute 5+ years’ experience in television or radio broadcast/production.
Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art television technology; MS Outlook, E-mail.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Required to post digital/social media content.
Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art broadcast and digital technology.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures and the demands of breaking news, which can happen at any time. Some travel may be required.
The Producer must be able to sit, conduct phone conversations, use email, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********
WTNH is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
News 8 WTNH/WCTX values the contribution of all of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check
To be considered for this position you must apply online via the Nexstar Media Group Career Portal: Please remember to attach your cover letter, resume and a link to your demo reel (if applicable).
Nexstar Careers - First Time users must create an Account
www.wtnh.com ABOUT US > JOBS > Search New Haven, CT
Why work for us?
News 8 Behind the Scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cD297vbpf0&t=25s
The News Producer produces daily newscast items, decides the order in which stories will be told, writes teases and other content, times news programs, edits video, and posts video to the website.
Requirements & Skills:
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.