Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Are you a broadcast journalist with a sunny disposition? Are you ready to make the move from MMJ to anchor or trade your weekend anchor gig for a weekday anchor position? If this is you, and you’re a team player, then read on!
KCAU 9 News, in Sioux City, Iowa (a pretty awesome town, by the way), is looking for a go-getter to be the face of its two-hour morning newscast. Good Day Siouxland is undergoing positive change and if you’re interested in being part of that change and growth, it’s time to dust-off your resume and update your reel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Edits video clips as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum two years' experience in news reporting or anchoring.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Anchor must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition the News Producer/Anchor must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.