Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
KTVE NBC 10/KARD FOX 14 in West Monroe, Louisiana is looking for a Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) for Sports & News. The MMJ produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits, and feeds news and sports production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers. The person hired for this position will normally work in News three days a week, and in Sports two days a week. This schedule will change in the Fall during Football season and at other times with a high volume of Sports coverage. We have three D-1 schools within 30 minutes of the station, and our region always has high school teams playing for state titles.
We are a small but determined newsroom, looking to create journalistic excellence in Northeast Louisiana. As part of the Nexstar family, there is plenty of room to grow from the Monroe market and into other markets within the company.
Resumes must have a link to your MMJ reel. Resumes without a link to your reel will NOT be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reports stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Researches and analyzes background information related to stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience, or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions
• Shoots and edits news & sports events
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Engaging on-air presence
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines, and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Multimedia Journalist must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Multimedia Journalist Reporter must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 35 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.