Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
WCIA and WCIX are expanding our sales teams in Champaign and Springfield, Ill. Come join the team with the number one news, more original content and the most accurate weather team in the region.
This position isn’t for everybody. To be successful, you must fully embrace our consultative approach that uses a multi-media strategy to help our clients grow their business. This position has a list available for an experienced media seller.
• Prospect, qualify, close and grow NEW business
• Continue to learn and implement new strategies and products
• Responsible for order entry, contracts, follow-up and collections
• Play a role in the production of client’s creative elements
• Be an advocate for our products and programs
• Be a person: treat coworkers, prospects and clients with a service-centric attitude
WCIA, WCIX and WCIA.com have an opening for the right account executive who possesses:
• Some sales experience is preferred
• Ability to hold meaningful conversations with decision makers
• Ability to CLOSE
• Demonstrates personal integrity to differentiate from the competition
• Proficient with popular social media and digital platforms
• Make decisions without supervision
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including: Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
• Quarterly off-site team building events
Requirements & Skills:
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Account Executive must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Sales Account Executive must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.