- Participate in the development of and oversee the execution of our social media strategy for creative services
- Oversee day-to-day social media promotional initiatives including creating and editing mobile-first video, writing and posting content and developing strategies to optimize user engagement; drive action and grow participation across all major channels– Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat etc.
- Collaborate with creative team and cross-functionally with the News department in effort to grow ratings, traffic to the station websites and general awareness of our digital platforms and on-air product.
- Produce paid media campaigns on relevant platforms
- Create and maintain a social media calendar, ensuring that the content for social media channels is aligned with the Editorial and Events calendars
- Consistently monitor analytics, creating weekly and monthly reports and making recommendations for greater success based on data.
- Together with the Digital Director and Creative Director/Promotion Manager, develop an influencer strategy to help build meaningful connections.
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and ensure that assigned projects are delivered on time
- Push the creative envelope to new heights while adhering to brand guidelines
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- 2-3 years’ professional social media marketing, strategy and/or news marketing experience.
- In-depth understanding of Facebook, YouTube, Reddit, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn etc., from a brand perspective as well as experience working with social media scheduling tools (e.g. SocialNewsDesk)
- Create and maintain a digital promotional calendar, ensuring that the content for social media channels is aligned with the Editorial and Events calendars
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment while being able to work collaboratively and effectively with team members
- Familiarity with CrowdTangle, Shareablee, Google Analytics and ability to use information from these and other similar platforms to measure social media KPM
- Online and/or On-air marketing messaging experience
- Excellent understanding of how to write, craft succinct marketing copy for maximum engagement
- Must have sound editorial judgement on promoted stories, experience with story attribution and demonstrate a full understanding of context on posted stories and scheduled posts that represent a company in the public domain.
- Solid understanding of SEO and SEM best practices
- Strong video editing skills; experience in Premiere and Photoshop Preferred
- Passion for strong image and promotion writing
- Possess excellent communication, presentation, organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments
- Must be able to provide a reel of work examples -- include a web address with your resume or cover letter.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital Promotions Producer must be able to stand, sit, operate a motor vehicle, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
In addition, the Promotions Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls for extended periods of time. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.