Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Be part of an innovative #1-rated newsroom that values your ideas, and encourages creative, compelling storytelling – while living in one of the nation’s most desired and growing regions. KXAN is looking for a MMJ who’s passionate about the art of photography and editing, and has a genuine interest in reporting on hard news. This MMJ position is based in the San Marcos and Hays County area, just minutes south of Austin, reporting on-air and online daily, delivering on KXAN’s in-depth, investigative brand.
Candidates must submit a resume and online reel showing stories produced as an MMJ. Previous work must demonstrate strong NPPA-style photography using Avid or similar editing system, and compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots, stand-ups, creative graphics, as well as effective use of digital and social media platforms. Must have a track record of cultivating local sources and contacts through relationship-building. 3 years’ experience shooting, editing and writing as an MMJ and journalism degree required.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Produce content daily from Hays County & south Austin for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
* Enterprise and develop stories on a daily basis with strong viewer value that represent KXAN’s in-depth, investigative brand.
* Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms.
* Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
* Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
* Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
* Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
* Strong grammar, on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills.
*Based in north Austin or Williamson County.
Education/Experience: Bachelors degree Journalism required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education) + (3) three years experience as a multi platinum journalist.
Training/Equipment: Camera and camera equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Multimedia Journalist Reporter must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Multimedia Journalist Reporter must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 60 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.