Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Digital Content Developer should be passionate about local news, innovative, focused on the mobile user, confident on camera, and full of creativity and initiative. This position will gather and present live and recorded video segments, along with print segments, online, on mobile, and on social media. These segments will be original stories that break news, dig deeper into details of breaking stories, and uncover and discover enterprise topics exclusive to our digital platform. Must have a strong understanding of how to effectively use social media to publicize stories and to connect with the audience.
JOB SUMMARY: Research, writing, capturing visual content and editing general assignment stories for our websites, mobile platforms and social media.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
*Creation of daily news items that appear on any video format, including website, news apps, and social media pages
*Coverage of live events either at station or on location
*Deciding the order in which stories will be presented
*Writing promotional material and other content
*Timing news content
*Posting text stores and video on any platform
* Produce content for multiple platforms: internet, mobile
* Work with management to enterprise and develop stories on a daily basis.
* Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms.
* Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
* Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
*General staff promotional activities
*Production of promotional material
*Participation in community events
* Knowledge of small tech and digital video equipment.
* Conflict management.
* Detail oriented.
* Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
* Strong reporting, writing, and technical skills.
Education/Experience: Bachelors degree Journalism required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education) + (1) one year’s experience as a multi-platform journalist.
Training/Equipment: Digital camera equipment. Newsroom computer system. Video editing and transmitting equipment.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position requires the operation of digital camera equipment, computer editing, and transport of equipment weighing up to 10 lbs. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Work may be performed in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.