Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide strong, positive leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams and sales managers.
- Initiate smart, long-term decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
- Develop and execute sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in Local, National and Digital.
- Handle all facets of Political advertising.
- Work closely with KLAS Sales Managers to develop creative, productive incentives.
- Develop strong business relationships with local companies and organizations through regular meetings and community involvement.
- Possess a team spirit attitude that encompasses all Nexstar divisions, outside rep firms, vendors and associated organizations.
- Focus efforts of the sales team on new business development.
- Manage inventory, pricing, budgeting and revenue forecasting.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service in a professional manner.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Direct the Accounts Receivable efforts of the Sales Department.
- Set sales or company related appointments, conduct research, gather data, complete scheduled and requested reports (i.e. revenue trackers, quarterly performance).
- Actively engage in department and station meetings.
- Effectively communicate with Nexstar Corporate officers, KLAS VP/GM, Sales Department and all company/station divisions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in media sales.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Full knowledge and understanding of FCC rules and regulations pertaining to sales procedures including political advertising requirements.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines with immaculate attention to detail.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with OSI, ComScore (Rentrak), Microsoft Office, Matrix, Strata, MS Excel, PowerPoint and other broadcast software programs.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Director of Sales must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
KLAS is a Nexstar Broadcasting Group Station and is an Equal Opportunity Employer