- This position requires an innovative leader with a demonstrated ability to find creative and customized solutions for new and existing customers
- Responsible for providing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports, including revenue projections, end of month/quarter/year performance summary by category, sales teams (broadcast & digital)
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets for Local, National, Digital, Special Events and creation of New Sales opportunities.
- Leads effort for New Business development
- Develops, implements, maintains sales processes to provide for smooth and timely workflow throughout the sales process including traffic, production, promotions, accounting and programming.
- Responsible for management and optimization of sales inventory and revenue forecasting
- Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
- Resolves customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Plans and directs staffing, training, performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs
- Responsible for pricing of inventory to achieve revenue goals and growth of station’s broadcast revenue.
- Oversee Local Sales Managers for WTEN & WXXA, National Sales Manager for WTEN/WXXA and Digital Sales Manager to achieve each department’s revenue goals and growth
- Creates and reviews operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability
- Develop and sustain key client relationships (direct and agency) in the market to further grow our revenue across all platforms
- Perform other duties as required
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Minimum five years’ experience in media sales management – preferably in broadcast TV sales – as a General, Local and/or National Sales Manager
- Strong sales leadership, teamwork and project management
- Strong selling skills for television and digital mediums in sales negotiation
- Strong verbal, writing, mathematical, reading and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of television programming, production, delivery and research
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Leadership ability to represent the Company in public
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PPT, TV Traffic Systems (inventory management), CRM systems (Experience with Wide Orbit traffic system, Sharebuilders, Matrix, & Comscore ratings service a plus).
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Director of Sales must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.