Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
KXAN News is looking for a morning news anchor in Austin, Texas, a highly desired and rapidly growing market. Be part of an innovative newsroom that values your ideas, and encourages creative, compelling storytelling. Journalism or related degree required. Five years anchoring experience required.
JOB SUMMARY: Deliver newscasts accurately, clearly and concisely and in an engaging manner. Demonstrate leadership daily by contributing editorial input as well as active, engaged newsgathering efforts.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Present compelling, clear and accurate newscasts.
*Consistently generate stories with active, engaged newsgathering.
* Evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas. Gather and verify accurate information through interviews as well as research.
* Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors.
* Organize material and write articles based on the details and information obtained.
* Use various social platforms daily to engage with audience.
* Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation.
* Strong reporting skills.
* Understand importance of social media.
* Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills.
* Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel.
Education/Experience: Bachelor`s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education) plus (5) years television anchoring or reporting experience required.
Training/Equipment: Operate newsroom computer systems.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel will be required. Position requires work on weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Anchor Reporter must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Anchor Reporter must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities other duties may be assigned.