Click column header to sort
WLAX-WEUX TV & wiproud.com, the FOX and MeTV affiliate in La Crosse-Eau Claire WI, is looking for a Digital Media Manager (DMM). The DMM directly oversees the daily operations of the station's digital advertising business and interacts with clients and advertising agencies to maximize digital revenue. This position also manages content, contributes some editorial and manages quality control of wiproud.com, our stations community portal website. The position manages a digital dedicated sales person and a dedicated digital content producer. The DMM also assists in hiring, training and developing Account Executives and collaborates with GM & LSM on digital sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in digital and new product revenue as well as all digital products from Nexstar Digital
- Drives new business development
- Collaborate with Integrated Digital Specialist (IDS) to create multi-platform advertising solutions for local and national clients
- Collaborate with IDS to develop and conduct consistent training for sales team
- Be an effective educator and ambassador both internally and externally on the benefits of digital marketing for clients
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
- Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
- Manages accounts receivable for digital advertising
- Calls on accounts with Account Executives
- Performs other duties as assigned
The Part-time Videographer/Editor produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers. This is a weekend position.
WFRV-TV is looking for an outgoing Account Executive to join our team. WFRV is home to #1 rated CBS Primetime television shows, the best year-round sports, and top quality locally produced programming. Plus WeAreGreenBay.com and the most technologically advanced digital marketing solutions, second to none!
The Account Executive is a marketing and sales professional who works within established department guidelines to increase volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seeks new business for both TV and Digital, executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community.
WNTZ Fox 48 and CenlaNow The TV and digital platform operated by Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. in Alexandria, LA is searching for a dynamic, aggressive, and sales SUPERSTAR! In this position, you will work within the established Sales Department guidelines to develop new business and increase sales volume for both TV and digital revenue by executing plans and strategies set forth by Sales Management. Applicants must be driven, self-motivated, creative professionals looking to take the next step in their career. Team player individuals with a passion for winning, a great attitude and a competitive spirit are the ideal candidates for this position. Experience preferred but not required.
The Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist collects, analyzes and presents facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation or observation for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers. The Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist must also be able to shoot and edit their own stories.
Do you want to shape the discussion and report on the issues in the hotbed for politics? WOI is looking for an ambitious, smart and energetic Chief Political and Investigative Reporter to join our outstanding political team. You will interview Presidential hopefuls and be seen on the national stage as we partner closely with all the networks. The work a political reporter accomplishes here sets the tone for the rest of the country’s conversation. A Reporter collects, analyzes and presents facts about newsworthy events through interviews, investigations or observation for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers. This reporter also covers state politics. When the State House is not in session, this reporter (and all year-round) will also be our lead reporter for long-form and in-depth investigative and advocacy type pieces on both digital and broadcast.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
- Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
- Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
- Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
- Determines a story’s emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly.
- Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
- Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
- Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
- Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
- Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions.
- Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts.
- Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
- Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
- Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes stories for the web and other media platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Physical Demands & Work Environment
The Reporter must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Reporter must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
The Director of Creative Services & Local Content Integration (DCSI) is a multiple responsibility position, working with News, Sales, and Clients. The DCSI stewardship includes: news programming and station image and branding are implemented with best of class manner. The DCSI will execute client content integrated programming and segments to ensure ROI while adhering to FCC regulations and standards. The DCSI oversee the complete process of production by handling the scheduling, orchestration, production, and completion of commercial projects for the station to create and develop advertising product for clients. Finally, the DCSI will work with GM to create new advertiser supported programming complimentary to station(s) brand.
WOWK-TV, in Charleston, WV, is looking for a General Sales Manager/Director of Sales to lead its Broadcast and Digital sales operations. This position is responsible for the performance of WOWK-TV (CBS affiliate) including all television and digital sales components.
We are seeking a "game changer" and proven leader who can communicate a vision, while developing a management and sales team to generate extraordinary growth. The GSM/DOS should be proficient in inventory analysis, control and pricing; revenue forecasting, and budgeting; account strategy; product training; and energetic, candid and focused team development.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree with a at least 5 years of recent sales management experience. Experience in media sales, including Local, National and Digital sales, is preferred.
Qualified candidates must have excellent organizational, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills with a high sense of urgency and ability to deliver results. This self-starter will generate revenue share growth through positive leadership and cohesive team-building.
The General Sales Manager/Director of Sales oversees all aspects of the Sales Department, including staff management, advertising inventory throughout all channels, revenue goal setting and achievement, and budgeting. The GSM/DOS also has direct responsibility for national sales efforts.
The Account Executive works within established Sales Department guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seeks new customers for both TV and eMedia business, executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community.
The minimum wage, Entry Level, Camera Operator is responsible for operating the studio cameras for each morning (5am-Noon) or evening (5pm-11pm) news broadcast. Schedules are steady throughout the year and do not vary. Shifts exist for morning or evening employment.
WSPA-TV & WYCW, the Nexstar owned CBS and CW stations serving the growing Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville-Anderson television market are seeking an experienced and creative storyteller to join our 7 News team as a full-time news reporter based in our Greenville, SC newsroom. If you have at least two years of experience as an on-air television reporter with significant live reporting skills and a passion for telling memorable stories, we would like to hear from you. This position will be contributing reporting across all of our broadcast and digital platforms, so skills as a multi-media journalist and an understanding of digital and social platforms is a definite plus. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online by visiting www.nexstar.tv/careers or via mail to Kirk Varner, VP News, WSPA/WYCW, 250 International Drive, Spartanburg SC 29303. Please no phone calls. Pre-Employment Background Screenings required. EOE-M/F/D/V All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
WEHT is in search of a News Photographer with a Broadcasting or related degree.
The Multi Media Journalist produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningfull to news consumers.
As a member of the WUTR/WFXV sales team, the Integrated Digital Sales Specialist (IDS) is responsible for generating, growing and managing internet marketing sales revenue for the company. The IDS is the market’s subject matter expert on internet marketing services and will sale, both independently and in coordination with the WUTR/WFXV sales team, to achieve budgeted revenue goals in the internet marketing services area.
The IDS will achieve this by selling the suite of products offered through Hyfn Local: https://hyfn.com/ Nexstar’s digital organization providing custom internet marketing solutions to the local business market including targeted video, display, SEO/SEM and social network programs designed and implemented with the client’s business objectives a priority.
The Sales Assistant works within established Sales Department guidelines to maximize station revenue opportunities from an order entry, traffic and accounting perspective. The Sales assistant is also responsible for performing all clerical functions required by department personnel as needed.
The News Producer produces daily newscast, with an eye on breaking news and weather.
WCMH NBC4, has an opening for a Promotion Producer to work in our Columbus location.
The Producer will be a highly motivated and creative individual. This position will be responsible for producing effective on-air promotional spots, digital marketing and special projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produces and presents weather reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
- Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
- Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
- Shoot, write, and edit stories as needed for newscasts.
Assistant Chief Engineer to assist with overseeing the day to day operations of the Engineering Department and is responsible for the maintenance of all broadcast technology and equipment at the station and transmitter sites.