Click column header to sort
If you like puzzles and are highly detail-oriented, we have the job for you! The primary function of this position is to maintain the programming for the station as well as the on-going changes. It involves supporting and working with a sales team, spreadsheets, contracts and a group of fun people; all while making sure the programming is represented accurately from a variety of sources.
WLAX-WEUX TV & wiproud.com, the FOX and MeTV affiliate in La Crosse-Eau Claire WI, is looking for a Digital Media Manager (DMM). The DMM directly oversees the daily operations of the station's digital advertising business and interacts with clients and advertising agencies to maximize digital revenue. This position also manages content, contributes some editorial and manages quality control of wiproud.com, our stations community portal website. The position manages a digital dedicated sales person and a dedicated digital content producer. The DMM also assists in hiring, training and developing Account Executives and collaborates with GM & LSM on digital sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in digital and new product revenue as well as all digital products from Nexstar Digital
- Drives new business development
- Collaborate with Integrated Digital Specialist (IDS) to create multi-platform advertising solutions for local and national clients
- Collaborate with IDS to develop and conduct consistent training for sales team
- Be an effective educator and ambassador both internally and externally on the benefits of digital marketing for clients
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
- Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
- Manages accounts receivable for digital advertising
- Calls on accounts with Account Executives
- Performs other duties as assigned
The Master Control Operator is responsible for the overall on-air look of the television station through airing programming and scheduled station breaks.
We are looking for a highly creative individual to produce, write, shoot and edit spots and projects while working together with clients, the sales department and other team members. Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and work well under pressure. Must be able to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
The Technical Director is responsible for various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
The Part-time Videographer/Editor produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers. This is a weekend position.
WFRV-TV is looking for an outgoing Account Executive to join our team. WFRV is home to #1 rated CBS Primetime television shows, the best year-round sports, and top quality locally produced programming. Plus WeAreGreenBay.com and the most technologically advanced digital marketing solutions, second to none!
The Account Executive is a marketing and sales professional who works within established department guidelines to increase volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seeks new business for both TV and Digital, executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community.
WNTZ Fox 48 and CenlaNow The TV and digital platform operated by Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. in Alexandria, LA is searching for a dynamic, aggressive, and sales SUPERSTAR! In this position, you will work within the established Sales Department guidelines to develop new business and increase sales volume for both TV and digital revenue by executing plans and strategies set forth by Sales Management. Applicants must be driven, self-motivated, creative professionals looking to take the next step in their career. Team player individuals with a passion for winning, a great attitude and a competitive spirit are the ideal candidates for this position. Experience preferred but not required.
The Master Control Operator is a full-time position which requires early morning, evening, overnight, and weekend hours as well as holidays. The ideal candidate will have one year experience in the broadcast industry and/or experience in information technology. Training maybe considered for a candidate with less experience who possesses strong computer and technology skills.
INTEGRATED DIGITAL SPECIALIST (IDS)
As a member of the Nexstar digital sales team, the Integrated Digital Specialist (IDS) is responsible for generating and growing digital marketing service revenue for the company. The IDS will be the market’s subject matter expert on digital services and will work, both independently and in conjunction with the Nexstar sales team, to achieve budgeted revenue goals in the digital marketing services area. The Integrated Digital Specialist will achieve this by effectively selling HYFN Local, Nexstar’s Digital suite of digital marketing services/products (including targeted video, digital audience and reach extensions, social media, SEO/SEM, and sponsorships opportunities) with the objective of advancing client objectives.
WFLA –TV News Channel 8 in Tampa, FL is looking for a producer with the skills , instinct and talent to craft superior content for all platforms using “ new, now, next” writing & a knack for making quick adjustments for breaking news, weather or traffic
The Traffic Coordinator tracks and prepares logs for scheduled programming and advertisements.
WFLA-TV is looking for a Technical Director-Ignite. This position is responsible for coding, adapting and directing fast-paced newscasts, locally produced programs and pre and post production sessions, along with all other aspects of television production, including robotic and studio camera operation.
EOE M/F/D/V ~ Background check required.
The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
KNWA/KFTA, a Nexstar Broadcasting Company, has an opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer. Two or more years of previous television maintenance experience are preferred. The successful candidate should have IT Certification. A thorough knowledge of Windows XP/NT/2000/2003 server & workstation a must. A working knowledge of fiber optic distribution systems as well as LAN/WAN/VPN, Video over IP and VOIP technologies is important. Candidate must be able to read technical drawings/ documentation. Candidate must be well organized, detail oriented and possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal). In addition to working well independently, must also work well as part of a team
WTVO/FOX39 is seeking an energetic, creative and motivated sales professional to join our growing sales team. As a Digital Account Executive (DAE), you’ll collaborate with local businesses to craft custom digital advertising solutions utilizing our large portfolio of digital products on Mystateline.com. You’ll be supported by our digital strategy and operations team and benefit from working alongside the management team that has charted our swift growth in the Stateline area and beyond. The DAE will report to the Digital Sales Manager.
This Entry Level Position will be responsable for providing all behind the scenes work during our TV Newscasts.
3:30pm/4pm-6:45pm then back from 8:30pm/9:30pm-11pm
Hours MAY fluctuate depending on circumstance ie: live events, weather etc
Number hours per week Approx. 25 Hours per week
WCIA-3 the Local News Leader in central Illinois has an opening for a MMJ Reporter. We seek a high-energy individual who will chase down leads, break stories and own enterprise reporting.
The successful candidate will be able to work sources, enterprise exclusive news stories and shoot, write and edit stories that are relevant and compelling, both on air and on-line. Our reporters achieve high visibility due to our dominant news product.
Candidates with a college degree in broadcast journalism and reporting experience are preferred. WCIA has a legacy of launching careers.
If you`re next in line, please apply on-line.
509 S. Neil St.
Champaign, IL 61820
Do you want to shape the discussion and report on the issues in the hotbed for politics? WOI is looking for an ambitious, smart and energetic Chief Political and Investigative Reporter to join our outstanding political team. You will interview Presidential hopefuls and be seen on the national stage as we partner closely with all the networks. The work a political reporter accomplishes here sets the tone for the rest of the country’s conversation. A Reporter collects, analyzes and presents facts about newsworthy events through interviews, investigations or observation for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers. This reporter also covers state politics. When the State House is not in session, this reporter (and all year-round) will also be our lead reporter for long-form and in-depth investigative and advocacy type pieces on both digital and broadcast.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
- Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
- Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
- Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
- Determines a story’s emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly.
- Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
- Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
- Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
- Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
- Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions.
- Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts.
- Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
- Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
- Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes stories for the web and other media platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Physical Demands & Work Environment
The Reporter must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Reporter must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
To offer students real-world experience in the field of broadcast journalism. The WROC newsroom provides encouragement to learn a wide array of skills including editing, writing, performance, research, and production.