The Weekend Meteorologist forecasts weather conditions and produces and anchors weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers. This position reports for news as needed during the week.
KMID is looking for a Multimedia Journalist to produce, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
KMID is looking for a creative news producer to take our newscasts to the next level.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to create a newscast with urgency and impact, with strong writing and solid use of video and graphics.
You will work with quality talent and own the newscast you produce.
KMID, an ABC Affiliate in Midland/Odessa, TX seeks an Account Executive for its sales & marketing department. This position works within guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seeks new customers for both TV and digital business, executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Develops new accounts and maximizes revenue on existing accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services.
• Provide clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop results driven marketing solutions across multiple platforms.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Associate's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field preferred.
• Ideal candidate has at least one year's experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Knowledge of Matrix, Strata, and Wide Orbit Systems programs a plus.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Account Executive must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Account Executive must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 10 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
KMID needs a meteorologist who can accurately forecast weather and display the personality required to recruit and hold morning viewers.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.