The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors.
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director.
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts.
• Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts.
• Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements.
• Sets up cameras and related equipment.
• Tests, cleans, maintains and repairs camera equipment.
• Produces graphics for newscast.
• Creates graphics for the newscast.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Production Assistant must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during remote broadcasts. In addition, the Production Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to climb 12' ladder. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
The Account Executive works within established Sales Department guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seeks new customers for both TV and eMedia business, executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community.
KETK and KFXK in Tyler, TX are seeking a part-time Assignment Desk Editor. The ideal candidate will be a news junkie who is passionate about contemporary journalism on multiple platforms. It requires keen instincts, attention to detail and social media proficiency. This is different from the traditional Desk Editor role assigning crews, listening to scanners and making beat calls. You will collaborate with managers, producers, reporters and the digital team to support our daily newsgathering efforts in a variety of ways, including story research, vetting news tips received from the public and helping plan future coverage.
KETK and KFXK, the NBC-FOX stations in Tyler, Texas, are seeking a Morning Meteorologist for five hours of daily news programming. You should be passionate about all kinds of weather, especially severe and extreme conditions. You should also be excited about the future of digital content, especially video, and be proficient at social media. This requires a team player who can establish a strong on-air rapport with other members of the morning staff. MMJ skills would be useful, but are not required.
KETK and KFXK, the NBC-FOX stations in Tyler, Texas, are seeking a Weekend Meteorologist who will also perform MMJ duties, including live shots and packages. You should be passionate about all kinds of weather, especially severe and extreme conditions. You should also be excited about the future of digital content, especially video, and be proficient at social media.