WAVY.com is looking for someone to join our award-winning digital news team.
Applicants must be innovative, reader-focused and full of creativity. This position requires exceptional writing skills, proofreading/copy editing skills and stellar news judgment, with the ability to react quickly to breaking news. We are seeking someone with strong social media skills who will be responsible for monitoring and posting relevant content utilizing Twitter, Facebook, and a variety of other social media networks. Research and database skills along with online experience in design and editing is a big plus.
Position will: Ensure accurate and engaging copy; edit and post video in a deadline driven environment.
WAVY.com is seeking a highly skilled and driven individual to join the WAVY-TV/WVBT-TV team as a Digital Content Producer.
The ideal candidate will have strong news judgment, must be innovative, reader-focused and full of creativity. Applicant must also be a compelling and accurate writer, capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
WAVY TV-10/ WVBT FOX 43 has an opening for an Assistant Chief News Photographer. Successful candidate will shoot news and help train new Photographers and MMJ’s. Responsibilities include assisting the News Operations Manager with developing and promoting a culture of innovative visual content on all screens. We are looking for a strong, inspiring leader who knows how to motivate and continually evaluate a team of Photographers by maintaining a positive, constructive, accountable environment. We cover hard news with a creative, NPPA standard of shooting and editing. WAVY is the #1 station in the Norfolk/VA Beach, VA market (#42); our coverage extends from Williamsburg/Eastern Shore of Virginia to the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
WAVY-TV 10/WVBT FOX43 is looking for a full-time Video News Editor/Photographer Trainee to edit for all newscasts. The News Editor/Photographer operates editing and camera equipment to produce images or scenes for newscasts and other programming.
As a member of the WAVY/FOX43 digital sales team, the Integrated Digital Specialist (IDS) is responsible for generating and growing digital marketing revenue for the company. The IDS will need to be the expert on digital services and will work with the Digital Sales Director, independently and in conjunction with the WAVY/FOX43 sales team, to achieve budgeted revenue goals in the digital marketing services area.
Nexstar’s duopoly of WAVY-TV (NBC) / WVBT (FOX), is looking for a Director of Sales. WAVY/WVBT is seeking a strategic thinking, business-minded, dynamic leader, who is passionate about television and digital. We need a solid leader who will be responsible for leading and implementing initiatives to grow revenue through providing value to broadcast and digital customers. The individual must possess strong leadership skills and will play an important role in the development and implementation of sales strategies and staff leadership. This position requires an individual with a proven record of accomplishment in team development and staff motivation.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Minimum three-five years of media sales experience
- Minimum of 3 years of television sales management experience and be genuinely committed to developing new customers. Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
- Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic, Strata, Matrix, and comScore is preferred
WAVY-TV 10 / WVBT FOX 43 News is searching for a hands-on, aggressive journalist for the position of EXECUTIVE PRODUCER. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a newscast producer who desires to coach and mentor our producing staff to the next level.
Nexstar’s duopoly of WAVY-TV (NBC) and WVBT-TV (FOX) seeks a Local Sales Manager to co-lead its Local sales team on the southeast Virginia coast. The Sales Manager is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the Sales department, including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals across Broadcast and Digital Platforms.